The Main Hall is the Tranzac’s premiere space and is well-suited to larger performance events, album/book launches, formal theatre productions, screenings, industry events/gatherings, weddings, spoken word events, and more. The space is equipped with a raised stage, a green room, some customizable lighting options, projector and retractable screen, and additional amenities.
*This number reflects an open space with audience members standing. Seating and tabling can be arranged in the Main Hall, at which point the capacity limit is adjusted to reflect the change in layout. For seated events we usually limit capacity to 120, and make further adjustments as required.
Bar service: available upon request
All ages events: Indicate in your venue request form whether an event is all ages. If an all-ages event includes bar service there is a requirement for security to facilitate ID checks and other measures. Indicate in your submission whether you are contracting with a security provider, otherwise the Tranzac will plan to coordinate security and include the fee in your rental invoice (security shifts would total $300-325).
Stage options: The main hall can be configured for a performance on the raised stage (not fully accessible, access currently by staircase), or on the floor in front of the stage (ground level). The Main Hall also has several risers that can be positioned on the floor or on the stage to suit your event needs.
Technical Information: The majority of activity taking place in the Main Hall requires a Tranzac technician be on site to facilitate and support an event. You may contract with your own technician, however a Tranzac technician will still be required should you make use of Tranzac equipment.
Equipment Summary: Please note that we make regular adjustments to equipment in the Main Hall. We will share information regarding any changes that might impact an event.
- Mixing Console: Behringer X32
- FOH System:
- Mains: 2 x Meyer Ultra-X40 speakers (powered)
- Rear Fills: 2 x Meyer Ultra-X20 speakers (powered)
- Subs: 2 x Meyer 750 LFC (powered)
- Monitors: 4 mixes on 4 wedges
- Wedges: 4 x Yorkville E10
- 1 x QSC RMX2450
- 1 x Crest CA4
- 3 x SM 57
- 6 x SM 58
- 1 x SM Beta52a
- 2 x AKG c1000s
- 1 x Apex 170
- 1 x Sennheiser MD515
- 1 x Audio Technica ATM41a
- 1 x Shure C606
- 1 x Digital reference drv100
- 11 x Passive DIs
- 3 x Active DI (1 x LR Baggs, 2 x Countryman)
- Mic Stands: The TRANZAC has an assortment of mic stands. Should your event require a large quantity of stands, or specialized stands, please let us know.
- Music Stands: The TRANZAC Main Hall has 10 music stands. We do not provide stand lights.
- Drum Kit: 1 Five Piece Mapex drum kit with cymbals
- Piano: 1 x 5’8” Berger Baby Grand piano
- The piano cannot be moved onto the TRANZAC stage and remains on the floor.
- Please note that the grand piano is tuned on a regular basis. If you require the piano tuned on the day of your event (recommended if the piano is a featured instrument), please inform us as soon as possible in order to schedule a visit from our tuner. There will be a charge for the tuning on your event invoice.
- Electronic Keyboards
- 1 x Alesis Q56
- 1 x Yamaha PSR185
- Bass Amps: we have several options available in the venue.
- Guitar Amps:
- 1 x Fender Concert
- 1 x Fender Blues Jr.
Audio/Video Recording: The Tranzac is primarily a live music venue. Advanced notice (minimum two weeks, ideally more) is required if you wish to record audio or video.
- Audio: Tranzac can produce a stereo board recording from the X32. If you desire a multi-track recording, please contact us well in advance of your show—a few options exist and often require additional event staff dedicated to this work.
- Video: If you plan to produce a video recording as part of an event, please remember that as a live performance venue we encourage event organizers to ensure that camera placement doesn’t interfere with audience sight-lines.
Streaming: The Tranzac is able to coordinate hardware, software, and technical support for basic live streaming from the Main Hall.
- Event organizers must provide the account/platform that will host the stream, and make all necessary arrangements (contracting, licensing, and so on) with individuals/artists featured in an event.
- Charges will apply for equipment and staffing relating to live streaming events.
Projections: Available projector: BenQ MS510, with 9’ x 9’ mounted screen that pulls down at front of stage.
- If you plan on using video projections please inform us at least one week in advance of your show.
- The screen position is fixed, and when in use will obscure activity taking place on the stage. Renters requiring alternate projection options can bring their own projector and portable screen.
- Outputs/adapters: If you plan on using our projector and screen please note that you must bring your own computer/device and that we can connect your computer via either HDMI or VGA for video output and 1/8“ cable for audio.
Lighting: We can supply basic lighting for your event, meaning a few washes (red, blue, amber and white) and some side washes.If you wish to augment the lighting system, please notify us.