Queermunity 5 / Zoon, Quarterback, Evangeline Gentle
Host, Matt Nethersole
Curator, Queer Songbook Orchestra
From the curators / At the core of the Queer Songbook Orchestra’s mandate is community. We’ve been looking to the 2SLGBTQ+ folks around us to uplift and honour our stories and experiences since the group formed in 2014. So being asked to curate an evening of the Tranzac’s Queermunity series, to build new connections and relationships among artists and audiences, was a natural fit for us and we’re so happy to be involved in presenting this night.
In bringing this evening together, we reached out to three artists that we admire - Zoon, Quarterback and Evangeline Gentle - and it’s given us the opportunity to bring them together for one fabulous night celebrating queer spaces and queer joy.
Venue: Main Hall, Tranzac (292 Brunswick Avenue)
Schedule: Doors 7:00 pm, Show 8:00 pm
Tickets: $15 in advance, $20 at the door
Masking required, have your mask ready when entering the venue. You can remove your mask while drinking or eating.
- Entrance: Main entrance at street-level with powered doors. Interior doorways (to washrooms, and performance/event spaces) are not powered
- Washrooms: The main floor of the Tranzac has two communal washrooms, each containing a wheelchair accessible stall. One washroom contains 3 exposed urinals plus one stall (wheelchair accessible). The other washroom contains 3 stalls (one of which is wheelchair accessible). Please note that the hall leading to the washroom with 3 stalls has two tight corners which can be difficult for larger mobility devices to maneuver through.The washrooms do not currently have angled mirrors, and some fixtures (paper towel dispenser, powered hand dryer) are positioned high on walls
- Bar service: Bar service is available in the Southern Cross and, for this edition of Queermunity, in the Main Hall. Due to the height of the bar surface, Tranzac staff may provide table service upon request and/or bring the wired point of sale interface around to a patron when they approach the bar for payment as required.
- Parking: there is a Green P parking lot on the Tranzac property which has one accessible parking spot. The next nearest accessible parking spot is in the Green P parking lot on Lippincott south of Bloor.
- Transit: Tranzac is a short distance between Spadina (Bloor-Danforth & University lines) and Bathurst subway stations.
This project is funded in part by FACTOR, the Government of Canada and Canada’s private radio broadcasters. Ce projet est financé en partie par FACTOR, le gouvernement du Canada et les radiodiffuseurs privés du Canada.
The Queermunity series is made possible through the generous support of the Toronto Arts Council, and the Canada Council for the Arts.