Queermunity 4 / Futuristic Nostalgia
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO ARTIST ILLNESS, WE HOPE TO SHARE AN UPDATED EVENT DATE SOON.
There can be a future that feels so certain, so necessary, that you can hold the imagined place in memory as if you have been there. As Queermunity continues at the Tranzac we partner with TIKA on a special curated event, Futuristic Nostalgia, that brings together a group of artists for this unique entry in the series.
The performance event is one step in the process of imagining and building new spaces and expectations for working artists themselves that will extend well beyond Queermunity.
The artists will be taking part in mentorship and peer-learning in January, and audiences will be invited to join us in the Tranzac Main Hall for the culminating performance. The night includes an array of artistry from The Typist, Mackenta, Rachelle Show, Marley Unknxn, Fridaee, and Charmie, culminating with headliner Faarrow. The night is hosted by TIKA, and features music from DJ Young Teesh.
Text “Future” to 647.424.3140 to RSVP and for event updates
Venue: Main Hall, Tranzac (292 Brunswick Avenue)
Schedule: Doors 8:00 pm, Show 9:00 pm
Tickets: $20 at the door
Masking required, have your mask ready when entering the venue. You can remove your mask while drinking or eating.
- Entrance: Main entrance at street-level with powered doors. Interior doorways (to washrooms, and performance/event spaces) are not powered
- Washrooms: The main floor of the Tranzac has two communal washrooms, each containing a wheelchair accessible stall. One washroom contains 3 exposed urinals plus one stall (wheelchair accessible). The other washroom contains 3 stalls (one of which is wheelchair accessible). Please note that the hall leading to the washroom with 3 stalls has two tight corners which can be difficult for larger mobility devices to maneuver through.The washrooms do not currently have angled mirrors, and some fixtures (paper towel dispenser, powered hand dryer) are positioned high on walls
- Bar service: Bar service is available in the Southern Cross and, for this edition of Queermunity, in the Main Hall. Due to the height of the bar surface, Tranzac staff may provide table service upon request and/or bring the wired point of sale interface around to a patron when they approach the bar for payment as required.
- Parking: there is a Green P parking lot on the Tranzac property which has one accessible parking spot. The next nearest accessible parking spot is in the Green P parking lot on Lippincott south of Bloor.
- Transit: Tranzac is a short distance between Spadina (Bloor-Danforth & University lines) and Bathurst subway stations.
Contact email@example.com with any accessibility related questions.