The TRANZAC is a community arts venue dedicated to supporting, presenting, and promoting creative and cultural activity in Toronto.
POSITION: Business Manager
REPORTS TO: The Board of Directors (in whole and/or designated person(s)
The Business Manager oversees daily business activities including overseeing payroll and accounts payable/receivable, allocating budget resources, formulating finance and procurement policies, coordinating business operations, managing operational costs, improving administration processes, managing procurement (reviewing vendor contracts, ordering products), identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities.
Board relations and communication
- Prepare and present monthly report to the Board Of Directors (BOD or “the board”) (or at a frequency requested by the board)
- Advise BOD of changes to staffing, financial management issues, grant opportunities, human resources issues, building issues, and/or any other information requested by the board
- Work collaboratively with the board on job duties and deliverables
Financial management & procurement
- Acting in the best interests of the club and in good faith
- Developing and/or adhering to financial processes and procedures (expense reimbursement and documentation)
- Paying bills and suppliers
- Management of purchasing (equipment and supplies) and banking
- Payroll, petty cash, and float management and reconciliation
- Overall supervision and management of cash flow
- Liaise with bookkeeper and Board Treasurer on financial reports
- Developing and/or adhering to procurement policies
- Help assess the state of the finances of the club; create budget projections and operating budgets; assess and advise on financial management best practices, policies and processes
Grant applications and revenue development
- Assist with researching and preparation of grant applications in order to fund projects and obtain operational support from granting agencies, as required
- Assist with researching and developing alternate revenue streams, as required
- Human resource management
- Work cooperatively with Operations Manager and Booking Manager (and other staff as required)
- Building management
- Be a point person for all emergency situations, delegating management of problems as required
- Ensure the safety of the building including scheduling of regular maintenance and inspections, in cooperation with Operations Manager
- Purchasing of cleaning and maintenance supplies, in cooperation with Operations Manager
- Self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must be a team player
- Ability to understand and report on organization financials
- Experience managing procurement
- Experience managing staff
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
PAY & BENEFITS:
Part-time contract position at 20 hours per week (three month contract with a possibility to renew). $25/hr.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, July 13 at 5:00 p.m.
For more information about TRANZAC, visit Tranzac.org
TRANZAC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, BIPOC, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ+ people and those with the skills and knowledge to engage with diverse communities. We are committed to removing barriers in employment policies. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the interview process.