Since reopening to the public in early March, the Tranzac has implemented and maintained significant safety measures to limit exposure of our staff team and communities to COVID 19. Over the month of April we began modifying these safety measures.
Masking remains a highly accessible and effective way to reduce the spread of COVID 19. As such, we will be maintaining indoor masking through each stage of this policy transition.
Regardless of the specific policy that is in place, all guests should self-monitor and isolate in the event that they exhibit any COVID symptoms. Click here to learn more about self-assessment and isolation procedures.
Current policy, beginning on Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Masking will remain a requirement while inside the Tranzac.
- Visitors can remove their masks briefly to take a sip of their drink, or a bite of food, but must don their mask between sips and bites.
- Masks must be worn when approaching the bar to place an order.
- Performers must wear masks unless their instrument requires being unmasked. This includes all participants in larger group and community-oriented performances. Groups of singers are required to be masked.
- The capacity limit on the main floor will increase to 75%
- We will stop requiring proof of vaccination
Though we had planned to go to full capacity on April 30, Tranzac has decided to remain at 75% capacity for the month of May. We are also maintaining our masking policy. Tranzac staff will provide updates when capacity limits are adjusted further.
Our COVID policy continues to change in response to public health recommendations, and emerging trends (including, but not limited to, the emergence of a more infectious COVID variant, and/or another wave of infections and hospitalizations). Tranzac will share publicly any changes to this policy, and notify any event organizers hosting activities in our venue.
Breach of policy: at Tranzac’s discretion, and/or should an event or event organizer breach this policy, further bookings may be postponed until the risk to public health is reduced. It is expected that event organizers will support the enforcement of the masking precaution.
Vaccine Information, and the safety of the Tranzac community: For the same reasons that Tranzac patrons don’t drink and drive, and we offer earplugs to visitors, we have required vaccinations as an accessible and effective precaution to ensure the health of community members in our venue. As expectations around vaccinations shift, we still want to encourage any eligible person who is not fully vaccinated against COVID 19 to consult with health professionals, and consider options for scheduling a first, second, or booster dose of a COVID vaccine—visit the Ontario Vaccine Portal to learn more.
Additional ongoing measures:
- each performance space has a high-powered HEPA Rx and carbon filter
- high touch surfaces will be disinfected
- hand sanitizer dispensers will be distributed through the building at high touch surfaces and in high traffic areas
Questions: Matthew Fava, firstname.lastname@example.org